Wicanders Power Polish is a long-term maintenance product for the care of Wicanders Floors with HPS, WRT and PU acrylate UV. It is easy to apply and provides a protective coating.
- Size: Power Polish is sold in 1L containers
- Application: By short hair mop/wax applicator (Ex. LOBATOOL)
- Coverage: 3L will cover approximately 1000 sq.ft., depending on application rate
Power Polish Instructions:
Soft cleaner — use and coverage
- Make sure the floor is clean and dry; clean it with Wicanders® Soft Cleaner; a basic clean is recommended for Corkcomfort Floating WRT & HPS
- Apply one coat of Power Polish evenly, using a soft mop application tool. 3L will cover approximately 1000 sq.ft.
- Let the floor dry completely (about 30 minutes); do not polish after using the maintenance products
- Clean all tools with water, immediately after use
- The frequency of maintenance depends on the traffic and on the floor visual aspect
- Product description: Wicanders® Soft Cleaner is a mild detergent concentrate which has been developed for regular cleaning.
- Field of application: For cleaning of all Wicanders® floors in commercial/home applications
- Advantages: pH-neutral
- Very effective cleaning performance
- Sizes: 1 L
- Application Instructions: Add 50 - 100 ml of Soft Cleaner to a bucket of water (approx. 5 L - 1,5Gl.)
- Wipe the floor with a well-wrung mop previously soaked in the solution.
- Let the floor dry completely. After drying do not wipe with water. Wicanders® floors must only be damp-mopped.
Product description: Wicanders® Spray Cleaner is a floor-cleaner to spray for quick and easy regular cleaning.
Stripping and cleaning
- Field of application: For cleaning of Wicanders® floors in commercial/home applications.
- Advantages: Spray – clean – ready to use.
- Size: 1 L
- Application: Open spray-pistol by turning the jet and moisten the area to be cleaned in sections. Wipe the floor in loops using a mop. Exchange soiled mops-cloths or wash them under tap.
Power Strip is a cleaning product for the removal of Power Polish, old wax layers, cleaning products, dirt which is difficult to remove, acrylate and other polymers.
Removal of maintenance products and thorough cleaning
- Product description: Wicanders® Power Strip is a pH-neutral stripper.
- Field of application: Low foaming stripper for heavily soiled floors and to remove old floor care products. Suitable for all Wicanders® floors.
- Advantages: pH-neutral, low foaming and thus suitable for sensitive floors.
- Sizes: 1 L
- Application instructions:
- For stripping apply Wicanders® Power Strip diluted 1:20 to 1:40 according to the degree of soiling.
- Work over the floor in sections using a green pad and remove the dissolved dirt with clean water before it dries again.
The accumulation of several coats of maintenance products, or incorrect maintenance, may cause the floor to have an unpleasant look. When this occurs, it is necessary to remove all coats of maintenance products applied. For this purpose, use Power Strip for a thorough cleaning and proceed as follow:
Wicanders power contact
- Dilute Power Strip in water (1:20). Put the solution in the buffing machine container/spray.
- Buff the floor using a Blue / brown Pad (Scotch-Brite - 3M). This will remove the maintenance products and dirt.
- Work over the floor in sections by and absorb the dissolved dirt before it dries again. Do not allow the Power Strip solution to stand on the floor for more than 5 min.
- After this operation it is necessary to clean the floor with a mop dampened in clean water. Allow it to dry. Now the floor must have a dull appearance.
- Apply a new coat of Wicanders® maintenance product – Power Polish. This will give back the floor its original beauty.
Waterborne 2-Component Adhesive Primer for Refurbishing of Factory Finished Wicanders® WRT floors without intermediate sanding.
Shake mass, add hardener at a ratio of 2:1 and mix it by shaking.
After mixing it you will be able to use it in the next 2 hours.
- Clean off any remaining dirt. An intermediate sanding is not necessary.
- Apply one coat of Power contact by using a trowel or T-bar applicator.
- After drying (approx. 2 h) apply Wicanders® W 2000.
Coverage: approx. 20 g/m² (2g / square foot,) 1 combined package sufficient for ca. 35m²
Because of the arising over pressure, do not store already mixed material in closed packages.
Wicanders W 2000
Mix the Hardener with the W-2000 on the right proportions (10:1). The containers of each pack are ready for the hardener to be poured directly into the W-2000 container. Shake well. Filter the mixture using a paper filter. After mixing it you will be able to use it in the next 2 hours.
Apply 1 coat of W-2000 evenly with roller: total 100 - 120 gr./sqm/coat (100 - 120 gr/10 sq.ft./coat). Near the walls it may be necessary to use a brush.
Drying time: 4 hours (at 20 ºC / 70 ºF and 65 % R.H.).
Recommendations: You will be able to walk carefully over the floor after 24 hours. Do not clean the floor with water or detergent for about one week, after applying the W-2000. After this period use the Wicanders® maintenance products: Power Polish.
PS: The renovation of an old, used floor cannot be recommended if we don't know the history of the floor, especially the kind of maintenance products which have been used. If we know all about maintenance products and we can guarantee that all maintenance products are removed completely, we can apply one coat of primer Power Contact (if necessary) and one coat of W 2000 as mentioned above.
When a floor needs refurbishing, you must remove all maintenance products, dirt, etc., with Wicanders® Power Strip.
Residues of maintenance products will cause lack of adhesion.
Sand old varnish carefully (screen pad # 220). Remove all dust.
Apply 1 or two coats of Wicanders® recommended varnishes.
It is recommendable to make an adherence test between the old and new coat, on a small area before the final varnishing.
Do not clean the floor with water or detergent, for about two weeks, after applying the varnish. After this period use the Wicanders® recommended maintenance products.
-If works will take place in the room where the floor is installed, protect with craft paper, plywood or hardboard.
- Do not drag furniture across the floor.
- Use felt pads on chair and furniture legs.
- Office roller chairs must comply with DIN 68131 (Type W1). Use protective office mats under the rolling chairs.
- Place quality walk-off mats at all entrances to retain dirt, grit and moisture.
- Never use latex or rubber backed mats as they can permanently stain the floor.
- Never use cleaning products with abrasive ingredients or solvent based, e.g. acetone.
- Never use wire brushes.
- Avoid moisture on the floor.
- Place area rugs or mats in front of the kitchen appliances and sink to protect your cork floor from a lot of traffic, water spillages, dropping food, grease, and everything else that can cause premature wear of your kitchen floor.
- Ideal and healthy room conditions are 35 - 65 % R.H. at 20°C (68°F).
- When using intensive room heating, the indoor air humidity may drop so low that the floor is prone to dry out. As cork is a natural material, this may cause shrinkage of the tiles that will result in minor gaps in the flooring joints. Use a room humidifier to prevent this.
- Cork, as a natural material, may tend to fade when exposed to sunlight. Cork and wood, are natural products, colour change may be expected when exposed to natural light over a period of time. Cork will tend to fade while wood tends to mellow or darken. It is important to move area rugs and furnishings to allow for even colour change.
- Use blinds, curtains or other sun screening system to minimise this effect.
- Wicanders® floors are easy to maintain. You only need a mild detergent and a vacuum cleaner. For daily/weekly maintenance, you can also use a broom handle with a cloth on the end. The removable cloth has a substance with anti-static characteristics, which will clean all the dust and prevent its settling on the floor.
For maintaining your floor as new, Wicanders® recommends a range of Maintenance Products, which will give pleasant results.
For its correct use follow the instructions on the packaging labels of each product, as well as the information from technical data sheets.
Repairing floating floors with Corkloc® glueless system - for Corkcomfort Floating and Woodcomfort floating
Alternative A: Plank removal
Damaged or wrongly installed planks can be removed as follows:
a) Remove the skirting board.
b) Remove all planks until you reach the one to be replaced.
Planks should be folded up or slid out of their lock; never bent down against their lock.
Remember to stack the planks facing the wall (which CORKLOC® system has been cut) in order for you to be able to return them to their respective positions.
Alternative B: Plank cutting
The following tools and materials are required in order to remove planks from within an installed area:
Electric handsaw, Knife, Chisel, Hammer, Adhesive (PVA Adhesive, class D3).
1. To remove the plank you must cut it with a circular saw. Set the saw to the precise depth of the plank to prevent cutting polythene or subfloor. Insert a new piece of polythene sheeting if damaged during this process. repair_float_image1.jpg
2. Use a wood chisel to remove the corner pieces. repair_float_image2.jpg
3. Remove the plank pieces.
Use extreme caution when removing the damaged plank to prevent damage in adjoining planks. repair_float_image3.jpg
4. Cut off the tongues on the short and long sides of the new plank.
5. Cut off the groove rebound on the short and long sides of the new plank. repair_float_image5.jpg
6. Use a wood chisel to remove the corner pieces. repair_float_image6.jpg
7. Apply Wicanders® W-185 or a PVA D3 class adhesive also on the short and long groove where the repair is being affected.
8. Slide the repair plank into the place, first inserting the side with groove and pressing with hand.
9. Place weights on the repaired plank to maintain it in place.
Avoid traffic in order to ensure perfect adhesion of the plank. repair_float_image9.jpg
NOTE: If the floor was vanished after installation, to achieve a uniform surface before gluing the tile, you should apply the same coats of varnish applied on floor.
After the glue is dry you must apply one coat of varnish or Power Polish on the entire floor, after cleaning the floor.