Devon is a subtle, two-color, loop-pile carpet tufted using 100% pure New Wool. Very short tight weave pattern provides some nice texture to any room. Devon is available in the five color-ways.
Wool is an all natural bio-based fiber since it is fueled by a renewable resource—grass. Wool is environmentally sound and completely biodegradable.
Wool has been widely used for thousands of years because of its amazing properties that last a long time:
- excellent thermal insulator— keeps you warm in winter and cool in summer
- excellent acoustical insulator— great sound deadening properties
- natural air purifier— attracts air-borne dust particles and common pollutants where they can be harmlessly vacuumed away
- allergy resistant — naturally resistant to dust mites and bacteria
- flame retardant — self-extinguishing and hard to burn
- natural air conditioner — absorbs moisture on humid days and releases it when air is dry
- lowest carbon footprint— wool carpet utilzes 1/3 to 1/6 the energy compared to synthetic fibers.
Unique Carpets utilizes no formaldehyde in any phase of carpet manufacturing. The volatile organic compound (VOC) emissions are well below the emissions of paints, adhesives, wall coverings or plywoods. All of Unique Carpets are GreenGuard Plus certified.
All of the domestically produced Unique Carpets are dyed and/or finished with only recycled water in the dying process. Their dyes are safe, effective and used to add bright vibrant colors that last. Unique also offers a number of carpets that use un-dyed wool. Their styles are created by blending only natural wool colors such as off-white, light and dark grey, black and various browns.
Unique Carpets also makes specialty models that contains absolutely no synthetic dyes: Ambassador, Boardwalk, Eldorado, Four Seasons, Grenoble, Kingston, Laredo, and Revue. These carpets may be more suitable for those with chemical sensitivities, allergies or asthma.
Unique uses both polypropylene and jute for its primary and secondary backing. Polypropylene is commonly used as air filters, bandages and protective netting in hospitals because it is safe, long lasting, and is highly resistant to mold and mildew.
Unique Carpets utilize Permethrins which are an effective and safe moth deterrent. Actually moths don't eat wool, but the freshly hatched larvae do. Permethrins have been shown to be non-toxic to humans, even if ingested. They pass through the system quickly without residual effects. There have been no reported cases worldwide of health issues from exposure to Permethrin. For more information on Permethrins click here.
NOTE ON NON-TOXIC CARPET CLEANER : We don't sell it, but are super excited about the capabilities of Host. See the pdf download Cleaning Tips for more information.
This item description was written by Joel